Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Monday!

I finished all my blocks for the Michael Miller fabric challenge. Using my design table, I threw them together mostly haphazardly. Anything would go with these scrappy blocks. I loved the print that had the big flower motifs, so I left those without chopping them up. We only had fat eighths to work with , but I still had two pretty flowers to feature.

I sewed the blocks together two by two and then in rows of four. For smaller quilts like this I stitch continuously to keep everything straight.

I even press the rows while everything is still attached. It makes it easy to press the block seams opposite ways so they sandwich when you sew the rows together.

I added some solid borders to increase the size a bit. The finished top is 42" x 44". Now to find something for the back and get this baby quilted and bound.

Cool selvage! Love me some orange.

Our guild's BOM for August. This one was fun. It's a traditional wagon wheel block. I love seeing all the blocks of the month that everyone creates.

Oh my gosh, I got caught up in "Botched" while I was sewing Sunday. I usually watch "Snapped" but it appears I've seen too many episodes and I hate repeats. Have you seen this "Botched" show where they're trying to fix botched plastic surgeries? *shudder* Yeah, I watched two entire episodes and tapped the prime time show that aired Sunday night. I'm pretty sure spending all my plastic surgery money on fabric has been an excellent decision.


As usual, we're starving around here. It's downright pitiful.

3 comments:

  1. haven't watched Botched, but it sounds like I need to. What is Snapped? As always, I want to come have dinner (and lunch and breakfast) at your house. no fair to not tell me what all that meat and cheese is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Botched is creepy and fascinating. I turn the channel, though, if my husband walks into the room. He doesn't need to know everything about me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of Botched but don't think I could watch it ;-)) I really like the solid borders you added to your challenge quilt. Great BOM block too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...