Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Clever Headline Goes Here

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. My sweetie brought me sushi, flowers, chocolate and wine for lunch. We saved the wine for dinner since we both had to get back to work.

I spent some free time playing with this heart block by Tallgrass Prairie Studio. There was a bit of un-sewing involved. Ahem. I never did get an old heart table runner flimsy quilted. It was on my list along with cleaning under my fridge. I guess I have 364 more days to procrastinate on quilting that runner. The fridge may have to wait longer.


Dinner was skinny chicken parmigiana (baked, not fried), pasta, garlic and olive focaccia, and salad. And red wine! Inspector Gadget and I ate together while the kids were out. I made fresh pasta for College Boy when he got home. All three of my sweeties enjoyed chocolate pound cake with Cool Whip and fresh strawberries.

It's date night tonight, so I don't have to cook, but I'm making this Roast Sticky Chicken for dinner tomorrow. The dry rub stays on the chicken overnight and then you bake the bird at a low temperature for five hours. It's supposed to taste like a rotisserie chicken. I'll let you know. I found an organic chicken to use. Had to laugh at the label saying it was "humanely raised." I'm imagining a chicken out lounging by the pool with an umbrella drink and People magazine.

Did you know that Bones was a purebread miniature dachshund? That poor dog. He's been through a lot in his 12 years. Luckily, he's a good sport.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day, Michele. I love that pieced heart! It would look cute on the table. Or also as a pillow.
    Poor Bones! Does he get to eat the slice of bread?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dinner looks awfully yummy. I keep thinking I need to torture one of my cats with the bread, but havn't done it yet...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...