Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Let's Salsa

I watched The Great Gatsby (2013) over the weekend. When the movie came out in theaters this year, I watched the 1974 version with Robert Redford, which I had never seen. The new version was very colorful and I really enjoyed the alternative soundtrack. We also watched World War Z, which was pretty good. Inspector Gadget doesn't appreciate zombies like I do, but he was on the edge of his seat the entire time. Ha ha!

There was a Mexican Fiesta here Saturday. I usually hand chop all the veggies for pico de gallo or salsa, but I whirred everything in the food processor to save time. I also made The Best Homemade Refried Beans. They were pretty good! You have to love a confident recipe title like that. We piled the beans, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, fresh cheese, and sour cream on tostada shells and shoved them in our faces.

Last night I made a mess o' caveman pops (aka turkey legs). We shoved those in our faces too. See a trend here?

Linking with Made by you Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this new version of "The Great Gatsby". It was so gorgeous to watch and told the story really well. (My students have to read this book in my course and this new version has encouraged many reluctant readers to get into the story.)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...