Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fun Day

I was a Breaking Bad fan from the very beginning. When my kids were younger we enjoyed watching Malcolm in the Middle which starred Bryan Cranston, the star of Breaking Bad. To see the comedic actor as a high school chemistry teacher driven to meth cooker to keep his family out of financial ruin is probably the wildest story I could ever imagine. And boy, it got pretty dark toward the end. Well, darker. It started out dark. I'm sad to see it end, but what a ride. I especially loved stumbling upon these creative takes "If Breaking Bad took place entirely on facebook." Don't click if you haven't seen the finale, but the comic relief does kind of soothe the psyche.

We had our monthly guild meeting today. Our challenge was to make a name tag to wear at guild functions. Our group is growing monthly, so it's nice to have a reminder of everyone's name. One gal uses her name tag to tie on her sewing machine bag when she goes to retreats so she can tell which machine is hers. Good idea!

Our October quilt block lotto is always popular. Quilter's choice in a Halloween theme. There is no limit to the creativity. It's fun seeing all the Halloween prints.

One more block for our Boggy Creek Camp charity quilt. We gained another team member today and the other three teams seem to be making great progress as well. I can't wait to see the finished quilts.

Stitch and Flip is ready to quilt. I had to mop my kitchen floor to baste it, so it must be the largest quilt I've ever attempted to quilt. Eek! I spray basted and pinned and it's sitting ready for me to quilt. Deep breaths. I can do it. Now to get some work done so I have more time to play tomorrow. Wheeee!




1 comment:

  1. I really love your stitch and flip piece! Those are my Mom's favorite shades of blue among the greens which I really think work well together. You have me thinking of a great quilt idea to make for her Christmas present now.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...