Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Eleven More Days


Spent all day decorating for Halloween. Just kidding, spent two minutes. Done. Inspector Gadget even bought me a real pumpkin. He thinks I want to make a jack-o-lantern, but I really want to make pumpkin puree and roasted pumpkin seeds. Jack-o-lanterns rot in Florida. Isn't that log cabin mini quilt fab? Someone made it for me for my old doll quilt swap.

Quilting and binding this little pumpkin mini quilt. I should be right on schedule for delivery to the chili cook-off queen.

We've been eating appetizers for dinner every night. Responsible, right? Last night I copied a shrimp recipe from our local watering hole. We went to the fish market and bought fresh large shrimp and mahi mahi chunks. I put cheddar cheese and jalapeno slices on the shrimp and wrapped them with half-cooked bacon. Bake 10-15 minutes until shrimp is done. They're killer. I think we ate 20 each. The Inspector dipped them in ranch.

I breaded the mahi chunks in seasoned flour and cornmeal then sauteed them quickly. They were really good too. Along with a veggie platter, I made chorizo potato salad and various dipping sauces. Check out this Queso Fundido with Chorizo. That might be for the next appetizer night. I have a cast iron skillet begging to get some use.

Eleven more days until Halloween and the end of Blogtoberfest. Thanks for hanging if you made it this far. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Even though I've never participated in a chili cook-off, I find myself wishing I were Queen. ;-) and having dinner at your house. I read all your blog posts and enjoy them thoroughly, but am too lazy to comment every day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...