Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

I'm Waning

Two of my favorite things, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. All the sun-dried tomato products were on sale this week, so I stocked up. I'd never seen this product before. Yum.


The sourdough bread was heavy. See how it flattened out during the last rise? We tried some of it, but I think you need tiger teeth to eat this stuff. It had great flavor for a boat anchor. So much for that little experiment. But I do have another idea for sourdough bread. I won't be defeated quite yet.

The sunrises have been so pretty this week. I've loved the cooler weather too. We'll be back to the mid-80s next week, but I'm hoping the 90s are history for a while.

I made a huge mess with terry cloth Friday. I'm still finding bits of terrycloth everywhere. I used an old towel and scrap fabric strips to make a dish mat. I may have to break out a vacuum cleaner today.

I baked these chicken breasts last night. They were so good. I based it on this recipe, but made a few changes because I didn't have a few of the ingredients. I can't wait to try it with Ritz crackers and cream of chicken soup for the sauce.

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups cheese crackers, ground to crumbs
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
Chopped parsley (fresh or dried)

Cut chicken breasts into three equal pieces. Beat egg and milk in one container, and combine ground crumbs and cheese in another container. Dip breast pieces into egg and milk mixture, and then press into crumb and cheese mixture. Place in greased 9" x 13" dish. Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with parsley and bake 10 more minutes.

Optional Sauce
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 tablespoons of sour cream
2 tablespoons butter

Combine ingredients in small saucepan and heat until it warms through and is a sauce-like consistency. Thin with water or milk if needed. Serve over chicken.

Only five more days of Blogtoberfest. I'm plodding on...



1 comment:

  1. That is yummy chicken! My breads are usually boat anchors...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...