Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bobble Tuesday

Inspector Gadget is enjoying this Peach, Blueberry, Basil Crisp which I'm calling practically health food. Oatmeal, fruits, and herb. That's breakfast, folks. Healthy man that he is, he adds three scoops of vanilla ice cream to get his dairy intake. And he eats it after lunch.  

Speaking of health food, we ate an entire platter of nachos for dinner one night. The kids weren't home, but they would have loved this type of dinner. Minus the avocado. As much as I love and eat avocado, I can't believe my kids won't touch it. Even the Inspector is growing to love it. It only took me 27 years to accomplish that feat.

I finished a little equilateral triangle baby quilt. This experimental top was found when I was hunting for things to sew at Sew Day. I can't remember when I made it. I got it all quilted at Sew Day and bound last weekend.

I found some backing fabric that matched, but didn't quite have enough, so I had to add a strip of yellow. I bound it with some cowboy boots fabric that was lying about. It matched, so I went with it.

Here it is washed to crinkly goodness. The colors are more true in the first picture. The weather has been iffy for photography. Woo hoo, only 5,999,999 more unfinished projects to go. I'm going to need more time to sew.

My dad sent me my first bobble head. How have I lived half a century and never had a bobble head? Si is my favorite character on Duck Dynasty. The guy cracks me up with his sayings and tea jug.

What with Talavera pottery snakes and Duck Dynasty bobble heads, my house is looking a little less formal. Oh, who am I kidding, this joint is a museum of oddities. I should charge admission.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at how you matched the back fabric in your experimental quilt. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes? You collect snakes? That would give me nightmares!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...